Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the guidance and knowledge to make informed decisions about their businesses and brands.
We believe in sharing knowledge.
We believe that intellectual property should be protected, regardless of who owns it.
We believe that all businesses and individuals deserve the same level of responsive service.
We believe that business owners should be able to focus on their businesses without worrying about legal issues.
Background & Experience
Tamara Pester’s practice focuses on business law, and she has particular interest and expertise in trademark search and registration, business contracts and agreements, technology and software licensing, copyright issues, and the purchase and sale of businesses. Ms. Pester also can provide legal advice and assistance with FDA laws and FTC compliance, including reviewing labels for new products. Tamara was honored with inclusion in the 2020 Super Lawyers list. This exclusive list recognizes 2.5 percent of outstanding attorneys in Colorado. Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, is a research-driven, peer influenced rating service of lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Tamara launched her Denver business law firm in 2006, after having gained experience as an associate at an established large firm in Atlanta, and as in-house legal counsel for several major corporations, including Schlumberger (formerly LHS Communication Systems, Inc., then Sema Group plc and SchlumbergerSema) in Atlanta, Georgia and Englewood, Colorado and First Data Corporation in Lone Tree, Colorado.
Tamara is proud to be a Denver native, having lived and worked in other cities, but always returning "home" to the sunshine and mountains. She also edits the lifestyle website Snowgrrl.com. Tamara created, marketed, and sold out of the Passover Bingo game, designed to make Passover seders more fun for kids and adults. These varied experiences help her understand the challenges and highlights experienced by small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Tamara is currently the only full-time lawyer at the firm. She is supported by a team consisting of an assistant and an analyst/paralegal.
B.A. cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis (Major: history; minor: business administration)
J.D., University of Denver College of Law
- Law Review editorial staff member
- Highest grades in legal research and writing, Intellectual Property, and Sales (Uniform Commercial Code Article 2)
- Colorado – 1998
- Georgia – 1999 (inactive)
- New York – 2011
- Happy, Healthy Lawyers and Clients, Presentation to Colorado Bar Association Continuing Legal Education (CLE), March 2020
- Top Trademark Myths, Presentation to members at Shift Workspaces, February 2020
- Trademarks and Copyrights 101, presentation to Herosmyth, November 2019
- Top Ten Trademark Myths, Presentation to Personal Injury/Real Estate law firm, May 2019
- Business Promotion and Protection through Social Media and Trademarks, Presented to the Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce, April 2019
- Branding Basics, Continuing Legal Eduction class for attorneys at Arapahoe County Bar Association annual CLE seminar, Spring 2017 in New York, New York.
- Trademarks 102: Beyond Basics, for myLaw CLE, July 2016, Orlando, Florida.
- Trademarks 101: Branding Basics, for myLaw CLE, October 2015, Scottsdale, AZ.
Building Value Through Intellectual Property, presentation to FastTrac Growth Venture participants at the Denver Metro Small Business Development Center.
Please contact us to schedule Tamara speak to your group about intellectual property or business law topics!
Meet to discuss your brand protection needs.
Meet with us virtually, or face to face. Our private office is located within Shift Workspaces, in the Country Club neighborhood. This location is halfway between the Cherry Creek North business district and downtown Denver. We assist clients throughout the metropolitan Denver area and Colorado, including downtown, Hilltop, RiNo, the Highlands, LoHi, LoDo, Aurora, Eagle county, Summit county, Greenwood Village, Cherry Hills Village, Lakewood, Golden, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Littleton, Broomfield, and Thornton. For Federal trademarks, we are able to represent companies and individuals throughout the United States. Schedule a meeting to learn more about our trademark watching or other services!